#9: Not my glass of cocktail

Clean lines abask afternoon light, at the Victoria Theatre

It has been a good two weeks of interning, with some exploring whenever I have the time and the energy to. Ready for another two weeks of headlines, writings, researching and conversions, to be honest I am looking forward to each day. It's been a blast and I'm learning so much about publishing, people and about myself, every single day.

Last Friday's art showcase VIP party was really fun. Good music, people from the industry good fingerfoods (loved the salmon wrapped mayo adn caviar!) and good cocktails. The pop-art however wasn't so much my cup of tea...I mean, my glass of cocktail? Haha Had a tiring great time nevertheless!

When Leo wins the Oscars, you know it's going to be a good day. So, it was! Headlines today are conflicted with the Monday blues, nothing really Monocle news-worthy. Did some research for The Globalist on the instability of the Najib administration, Muhyiddin not appealing after suspension, Fahmi Reza kena tangkap and The Malaysian Insider kena blocked. By the time I sent the notes to Nolan, I was really worked up by it all, to be honest. So embarrassed and angry at what's happening to my beloved country which was once a developing and striving one. Not that it isn't one now, but progress is pacing slower and stretching itself on a non-existent timeline. Looking into the glass from the outside really puts it all into perspective.

I'M GRATEFUL FOR:
1. Being able to see Malaysia with new eyes.
2. Having a knack for researching and organizing. I think I might be a little OCD, in terms of how notes or emails should be written.
3. Free TODAY newspapers distributed at the station
4. Films based on real events like Spotlight, The Revenant and The Danish Girl, making it at the Oscars.

TODAY I LEARNT:
1. "When you have exhausted all possibilities, remember this: you haven't" by Thomas Edison
2. Momentum quotes are so real, you laugh at it at first, then fall into a quarter-life crisis
3. Nasi Lemak at Holland Village is expensive but sooo goooood.
4. I miss mamak
5. Slight headaches I've been getting in the evenings are not because of the contact lenses. But because you're hungry, Char.

I LOOK FORWARD TO:
1. More fun tasks at work tomorrow.
2. Watching some films from my ever-growing Popcorn Bucket List. Get it? Not a bucket list, but a bucket of popcorn? ;) ok, bye.


Briefly Noted