#5: Typos just won't fly in the newroom


I am not the kind who lingers over a problem for too long, as I'd be quick to find a way to get out of the mess, with a tryingly growth mindset. I couldn't emphasise enough on the word 'tryingly' as of course, emotions are complicated and noting you can immediately change. For me, the worst part about screwing up isn't about having to find a solution, but rather, to know that I have disappointed those who put their trust in me and, myself. With that said, I am duly aware that as long as I strive forward and learn from it, I'd redeem myself. Not only to others, but most importantly, myself.

I'M GRATEFUL FOR:
1. Screwing up a little today, as without screw ups, learning won't be whole.
2. Having a meticulous and detailed-oriented yet patient editor, quite the opposite of who I am.
3. The Holland Village garden which I frequent for breakfast and people-watching in the mornings

TODAY I LEARNT:
1. Typos just won't fly in the newsroom. Double triple quadruple check, next time!
2. Listen and always reconfirm, even if you think you're sure. How you understand a message might not always be what is being conveyed.
3. Monocle loves the word 'facade', a whole lot!

I LOOK FORWARD TO:
1. Opening my heart and mind to learning more things tomorrow!
2. Friday dinner catch-up with Angelina. So excited, I can't contain it!
3. The next episode of Serial, which I need to remember to transfer it into my phone.
Briefly Noted