#6: If only I could work here all day

Source: prayerfullmum.net

East Coast Park is till now, my favourite place in Singapore. And here's why. 

I think it serves as a great place for transition. Or rather, people who just finished something and doesn't need to go to another thing until 2 hours later. You know, that 2 hours which you're not here nor there? We just got done with the first half of the assignment, interviewing a restaurant with robot waiters and we had around 2 hours to spare until we go back to try out their food. We did not regret one bit by just chilling and editing the transcript at the park, overlooking the sea of cargo ships with the cooling sea breeze in my hair. Apart from the feast we gave the mosquitoes, I loved it.

I'M GRATEFUL FOR:
1. The clean and breezy East Coast Park
2. The opportunity given to me which got me there
3. The wonderful weather which made the experience awesome
4. The editor who thought I was Malay all this while, brought me along to this assignment

TODAY I LEARNT:
1. A lot of times it is not about the money, but the experience. And I can't believe in this enough.
2. A good reminder: Interviewing someone should be more like a conversation, and not an...interview.
3. My morning routine to work is slowly forming into a healthy pattern. Get out of the door, listen to Serial or Monocle24 on the commute, get a bun at the MRT, gobble it down at the garden right above it and watch people start their day, head to work :)
4. The importance of the Chinese language. The way the Chinese restaurateurs spoke reminded me of episodes of The Voice of China, which I miss.
5. When you do something often enough, you'll be great at it in no time.

I LOOK FORWARD TO:
1. Translating transcripts from today.
2. Catching up with Angelina tomorrow evening!
3. Planning for the weekend. The Singapore Art Gallery, Clarke Quay, Chinatown and maybe, Labrador Park are what's on my mind!
4. Completing a full week of this internship log blogpost thingy!


Briefly Noted