#3: Today's heat was not sexy


After such a great weekend, I guess, I can relate to Monday blues a little more now. Monday tiredness, or rather. But surprisingly, Nolan called and I didn't need to check into work until noon today. So, hello extra sleep and bye bye blues! 

Despite the extra hot and humid weather today (not sexy kind), it was a productive and pretty cheery work day today. The hilarious Valentine's Day snippet Nolan did for the Monocle Weekly came on air yesterday, the new Monocle issue featuring Australia and a cleaner design came in this evening, and headlines went through without a need for editing again! Let's keep up the momentum :)

TODAY I LEARNT
1. The first thing you say to somebody at work affects his/her rest of the day. The store manager at Monocle, Keith asked whether I wanted a cup of coffee, which I thought was sweet. 
2. CPF meant Central Provident Fund, aka EPF in Malaysia
3. Evernote has become really handy at work.  
4. Listening to Nolan do an interview reminded me of why I loved journalism in the first place. 

I'M GRATEFUL FOR
1. Not needing to get to the office at 9.30am. As much as I love my job, extra sleep conquers all! 
2. Keith, who made my day with just a simple gesture.
3. Nolan, who let me listen to an interview he was doing. 
4. My aunt who drew up a map of good food to try at Bedok Hawker Center.

I LOOK FORWARD TO
1. The Singapore airshow tomorrow! Not sure if I'm more excited for the show or getting into the show as Press. Either one, I'm still elated!
2. Making better food choices tomorrow. C'mon Singapore!
3. Catching up with Angelina this weekend! It has been 3 years since we met at an AIESEC conference. So happy she reached out :).
4. A cooler day tomorrow. Please.

Briefly Noted