the a team

Mai + Charms + Tim
The LIMA15 Media Team was one of the few exceptional team experiences I've had this year

Do you like working in a team or do you prefer to get things done individually?

When I thought about it this evening, after shooting a video with my teammates for a public relations project, my answer is to work in a group. The funny thing is that yesterday, I preferred working individually. 

There are countless researches and fact-based studies about working in a group and what makes a good team which I find most the points, true and relatable. Like a functional team of three to five is ideal for optimum efficiency and effectiveness. Well four lah, maximum. Sometimes, I think five is just too many. There is always bound to be that one band member in the boyband who's a little less utilized than the rest. It's like he's just there to make the number even, which I hope it's not the sad truth about boybands or just groups, in general. 

In AIESEC or any interview for that matter, it is very much asked whether you enjoy working in a team or not, and of course, the cliche answer would be yes, I support teamwork! But here's a bold statement from yours truly (which if you think about it, is the honest truth): Your answer to that question is highly dependent on who makes your team. Highly. 

Teammates are undoubtedly the ones who make or break your team experience, no matter how much you enjoy the task at hand and no matter how you think shitty groupmates don't bother you. I have realized based upon my recent group experiences that it is not so much about being like-minded and connecting at the same wavelength all the time but always having that aura of open-mindedness is what blooms chemistry in a team. 

I began looking at my previous team experiences and realized that most of good ones are of a collective of open-minded people, striving for a common goal. This might sound like something I plucked out from my AIESEC notebook but hey, I didn't really gave it much thought until this evening when we wrapped up the video-shoot and I just told my team: "You know what, I really like our team!"


What is your A team like?



Briefly Noted