01/14

January has always been one of my favourite months of the year. 

New year resolutions, kickstarters of new habits, delving into new territories like Photoshop and baking, making lists after lists after lists, goals to achieve within the year and birthday presents. New beginnings, mostly.

This January has been packed with quite a hefty amount of exploring places and meeting new people and at the same time, finding myself. Unfolding layers and facets of myself which I never knew existed, while living through the lives of other people. They say you're never going to fully learn about yourself if you don't go out and experience things.

Here is the playlist I realise I've always come back to this month,on the move or just waiting. I have to say patience has sunk deeply into my core this month. Waiting for my ride to come on time, waiting during traffic, waiting to get to my next destination, waiting for people. And it can be really aggravating, especially when you're out of lives on Candy Crush to kill time. 


This playlist's mostly quite slow and calming, I'd say. Quite the contrary for a month which is riddled with ambition, energy and resolution. But I guess it is only fitting to achieve some kind of balance. Sometimes, you just need to take a few steps back and embrace the calmer side of things.


WHAT IS IN YOUR JANUARY PLAYLIST?



Briefly Noted